RE: [gtk-list] Re: select text in GtkLabels

<snip>

The problem with M$'s attempt IMHO is that it is inconsistent: you
can't see if the label is selectable or not just by looking at it,
you have to try it (and find out it doesn't become selected and feel
disappointed again :( ). Just like the combo-box/option menu thingy.
Motif (and Mac) solved that in a more understandable way.
The same thing should be done for selectable labels: distinguish them
from non-selectable lablels in a visable way.

Regards,

Arjan

PS. another nice feature that I do not want to be seen in GTK+ are menus that become grayed out once the window become unfocused (something new in their
*2000 stuff).