Re: [gtk-list] Re: ANNOUNCE: Experimental C++ Wrapper

Karl Nelson <kenelson@ece.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Every thing that could be modeled by STL concepts is being converted
> to look like it.

Groovy. I am looking forward to seeing that in action.

> Basically, gtk-- will work on windows once gtk+ has stable support
> for window.  Sooner if someone wants to put in effort of supporting
> it.

I hope someone will do that. I am not prepared to do it, though.

> What is an acceptable memory footprint?  Gtk-- is at ~48 bytes extra

Well, I just look at things like RSS and wonder why the number is 1MB
bigger for gtk-- programs. But I am not sure that such a number really
says much about how much real memory is spent on the gtk-- addition? I
just do not like it for my rather small program to require a large
amount of resources.

> I hope this at least encourages you to consider gtk-- for your next
> C++ project.

I am probably going to use gtk-- for my next project. However, that
project eventually needs to run on Windows so I am actually still
considering whether I should use GTK+ at all! The problem is that I do
not want to develop under Windows, even though the program (when
finished) will probably not be used on anything but Windows. Sigh.
(And I did not really like wxWindows the last time I looked at it).

--
Regards, Anders