Re: [gtk-list] Re: allocate/requisition handling

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> John Cupitt <john.cupitt@ng-london.org.uk> writes:
> > As far as I can see, I need to be able to refuse an allocation (I have
> > more items than I can fit in), and make another requisition (I'll accept
> > that width, but can I have more height please).
>
> It doesn't have this unless the container supports it. For example the
> scrolled window container will sometimes give the child a second
> allocation. So you could do some sort of custom container.

Hi, thanks for the reply ... I've made a version of gtkmenubar that
wraps, by calling gtk_container_queue_resize( self ) inside the
size_allocate method. Working out the geometry almost made my head
explode:/

It flickers like mad (my fault), but it does seem to work. Is this the
approved technique, or is there a safer call?

John
--
John Cupitt, john.cupitt@ng-london.org.uk, +44 (0)171 747 2570
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN