Re: [spam score 3.92/10.0 -pobox] [gtk-list] Unexplained Gtk Warning

Matthew <matthew@mattshouse.com> writes:
> I'm using the gtk_signal_handlers_destroy() function to remove a signal from
> a toggle button.  However, when I remove the signal I get the following warning:
> Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not find handler containing data (0x8159E00)

Entirely the wrong function, you want gtk_signal_handler_block and
gtk_signal_handler_unblock to temporarily disable signals.
signal_handlers_destroy() is some kind of internal function used when
a GtkObject is destroyed.

(Thus the comment in the header file:

 /* Non-public methods */
void   gtk_signal_handlers_destroy        (GtkObject *object);

though perhaps the docs are broken on this topic.)

Havoc