GtkLayout info

     Hello,
	I'm looking for information/documentation on the design
and implementation of the GtkLayout widget.

	Specifically, I was hoping someone could explain how "Guffaw
scrolling" works, how the GtkLayout overcomes the X window size
limitation, how memory is managed, what the pitfalls are, etc.  This is
for possible use in a text editor widget.

	I'll be perusing over the source and writing some test hacks over
the next couple of days to try to figure it out, but if any introductory
material exists I would love to read it...

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@kd-dev.com