Re: [gtk-list] opening modal windows from the "button-press-event" handler for clist

> Here is problem I have. I need to handle right clicks in clist (right
>click is used as "marking" in my app - "marked" items change color). It's
>disallowed to mark some items in the clist in my app so I want to pop up a
>modal error window when user tries to mark such items. But with
>straightforward implementation, just creating modal window freezes X server
>(if this code is executed from console, it's possible to kill this app -
>beware!). A stripped down code I use is at the end of the message.

My guess is that it hasn't really killed the X server, but has just
left in the middle of a server grab (whereby the X server attempts to
always deliver a button release event to the same window that the
button was delivered to).

Depending on your window manager, there are other ways to "recover"
from this situation, but that won't help the code.

As a simple test, try doing the same stuff with the button release event.

--p