How to wrap custom widget in Gtk-perl?

Gtk-Perl is way cool.  Especially the way you can write widgets in
Perl that are part of the Gtk object system.

The problem is, I need to go the other way: I have a custom widget,
written in C, that I need to access from Gtk-Perl.  The Gtk-Perl
distribution includes several such beasts, but I still can't quite get
a handle on what I need to do myself and what I can leverage from
Gtk-Perl.

Does anyone have a relatively simple example that does this?  Or could
someone briefly describe the overall process?  I've done some xs
modules before, so I know the basics of that.  I just don't know how
to wrap it in a way that everything plays nicely together.

If this is not the right place to ask, just say so; I'll take it
somewhere else.

<Joe
--
 Joe Smith