[gtk-list] Button events from Preview widget

Robert A. Knop Jr. writes:

 > The code which creates the widget includes the following:
 >
 >   preview=new Gtk_Preview(GTK_PREVIEW_GRAYSCALE);
 >   preview->size(600,600);
 >   connect_to_method(preview->button_press_event,this,&previewPress);

For one thing, you probably want to use Gtk-- 1.1.8, aka the "don't
stop at my uneven minor version number and treat me as stable because
otherwise I'll get childhood psychological trauma, become a serial
killer tarball and sue your ass for being the original cause of it
all"-release.

 > The raw "pack_start" call is because my class is derived from the
 > HBox class.

You know, we have a mailing-list were us queers can talk freely about
our problems without having to explain this sort of things... We all
understand. It's the Gtk-- mailing-list
(gtkmm-main-request@lists.sourceforge.net).

 > Can anybody suggest what I've neglected here?

It's not unlikely that GtkPreview wasn't correctly wrapped in Gtk--
1.0.x. I don't recall if it was ever tested.