Re: [gtk-list] Question - event propogation in non-TOPLEVEL windows

Simon Gornall <simon@unique-id.com> writes:
> I have an application that looks much prettier (:-) without
> window borders etc. The problem is that in the following code...

OK I fear you are writing a broken-ass GUI like XMMS... but will humor
you.:-)

At least consider using gdk_window_set_decorations(window, 0) instead
of GTK_WINDOW_POPUP. Even xmms may do that. :-)

> _window = gtk_widget_new (gtk_window_get_type(),
> 	"GtkObject::user_data", NULL,
> 	"GtkWindow::type", UID_WIN_TYPE,
> 	"GtkWindow::title", "Unique ID Video Stream",
> 	"GtkWindow::allow_shrink",
>   	FALSE, NULL);
>

> ... simply changing the definition of UID_WIN_TYPE from the usual
> GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL to GTK_WINDOW_POPUP causes my key events to not
> be called - they're not even being sent to the application, I can
> see the keypresses appearing in the parent xterm :-(

My guess is that you probably have to grab the keyboard (of course
making your app even more broken :-)

Havoc