C++ and Glib

I'm having problems with the GSList allocator when I use it within multiple
instances of a class.  It seems to lose track of the structure of the
central memory chunk.  I have a work-around for now by merely causing the
allocator to use malloc to give me a chunk of memory one list item at a
time, but I'm sure there is a correct solution.  (I have tried compiling
glib without thread support just to see if that would affect things but it
didn't)

There also seems to be a problem with C++ when encountering the common
function g_slist_prepend (list, data) if list is NULL (it seems it ought to
work).  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Tom Browder