dynamic list widget

Hello,

I need to display lots of data in a clist-like way. I have the data in a
special format i don't want to copy to an clist-like format because it
would need more than the double amount of memory I need without. So my idea
is to have a list-widget that keeps just the data for the displayed rows in
memory. Whenever it has to display a new row it should ask a function for
the needed data, display it on the screen and forget the data of the row
which won't be displayed any more. Cause I'm a bloody rookie I don't know
how to do this. Could anyone give me a hint how to start?

Thanks in advance

Rolf Schaeuble