Wrap indicators in development branch

Guys,

Can anyone tell me, or point me in the right direction of where to ask,
if the code to hide wrap indicators in text widgets if the widget is not
editable and has word wrap switched on (added by Owen Taylor in delta
1.79.2.3) is likely to make it into the development branch? And if so
when. I'm happy to invest some time to achieve this if that would help.

The reason I want this is that gimpwin is based off the devel branch and
so is missing this feature.

Many thanks,

--
Ali Harlow                              Email: ali avrc city ac uk
Research programmer                     Tel:   (020) 7477 8000 X 4348