Re: toolbar questions

Excuse my lack of knowledge here.  Are the toolbars a GTK widget or a GNOME
one?  I don't know that answer.  Is there a more appropiate list to post
this to?

My point is not about the text adding to the size (although that is rather
obnoxious, too), but the overall size of a button on a toolbar and the
height if the toolbar in question.  Reviewing the picture I created shows
that a standard text toolbar (file, edit, etc...) is 23 pixels high in
Windows and 26 pixels in height in GNOME.  A graphical button toobar using
small images in windows is 26 pixels high in Windows and 34 pixels in GNOME.
Now, looking at the GNOME toolbar, there is a lot of wasted space on all
sides of the image.  It is very obvious that Windows makes better use and is
more efficient with screen real estate in this regard.  Add that together in
GNOME and you have used 19 more pixels for Abiword's 3 standard toolbars
than the equivalent toolbars in Word/Windows.  This is what I have a problem
with.

Link to the picture again:  :-)
http://www.erick.com/gtb.png

Erick Woods