Threads example

Thanks to several people in this list I managed to put together a very
simple application that uses threads, which others might find useful. This
is more an exercise to understand the bare essentials of spawning a thread
off a GUI, have it compute something, and, when the time is right (i.e.
when data becomes available), have it draw on the GUI's drawing area. The
user can start/stop the working thread at any time. It's all built with
glade, so just do the obvious to compile it (run autogen.sh, then make).

Experts might find it lame, or obvious, but I'd really like to know
whether it is correct or not. If people find it useful I could spend some
time documenting it, which, given the general lack of written
documentation (particularly for glade), might not be a bad idea.

Here it is:

http://www.cse.msu.edu/~minutsil/Linux

Many thanks to those who answered my questions.