Re: gtk_widget_event()

On 10 Dec 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > I'm trying to make a double-click on certain locations
> > equivalent to clicking the "OK" button in a window.
>
> The easiest way to do this is to just call gtk_widget_activate() on
> the button. It won't animate though.

Ah, I don't need the animation so this looks good!

The context is a custom file selection thingy.  I'd like for
double-clicking on a file to accomplish the same as selecting
the file then clicking "OK".  gtk_widget_activate(ok_button,
"clicked") achieves part of this: it selects the file and closes
the file selection window, like the OK button does.  But it
seems that the doubleclick is not cleaning up properly.  When
you close the window with a real click on "OK" everything's
alright, but doubleclicking on a file gives a spew of warnings
about failed casts and unrefs, after the file selector closes.

> To simulate a single click, you need to send two events,
> GDK_BUTTON_PRESS and GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE...

OK, thanks, got that.  But I haven't yet managed to manufacture
an event that does the trick: my events cause the OK button to
flicker, but that's all.

Allin Cottrell.