Re: problem with gtk_ctree_node_moveto()

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Joshua Horvath wrote:

> gtk_ctree_node_is_visible ()
>
> GtkVisibility gtk_ctree_node_is_visible (GtkCTree *ctree, GtkCTreeNode *node);
>
>   ctree :
>    node :
> Returns : True if the node is currently inside the bounds of the window. Note
> that this function can return true even if the node is not viewable, if the
> node's ancestor is visible.
>
> So if your node has any visible ancestors, you will not get a return value of
> GTK_VISIBILITY_NONE.

Ah, thanks for the tip.  However, when I tried replacing the
moveto condition with != GTK_VISIBILITY_FULL I got the same
result (no move).  I stuck in a printf() to make sure that the
condition I had specified for the moveto was satisfied, and it
was.  That is, my code now reads:

  if (gtk_ctree_node_is_visible(GTK_CTREE(dir_tree), root_node)
      != GTK_VISIBILITY_FULL) {
      fprintf(stderr, "not fully visible\n");
      gtk_ctree_node_moveto(GTK_CTREE(dir_tree), root_node,
                            0, 0.5, 0.5);
  }

The message is printed, but the ctree doesn't move.

Allin Cottrell.