Building question

	I have upgraded my XFree software and decided to upgrade the Gnome
software also, but when I tried to build gtk+, I got a warning that the
glib files I have installed are earlier than 1.2.8.

	Ok, I downloaded the file glib-1.2.8.tar.gz

	I built the libraries according to the ./INSTALL file

	Re-compiling gtk+-1.2.8 gave me a message that I have glib-1.2.6
installed, please uninstall and upgrade to >= 1.2.8

	Ok, how do I uninstall and upgrade?

	running 'make && make install' dosn't seem to install the files
correctly.

	Please let me know where I'm going wrong

	Thank you.