Re: New to gtk+

Michael.LEFEVRE@paris.neurosoft.fr wrote:

> After installing my mandrake 7.02, i try some gtk programs under
> gtk+-1.2.6.
>
> But I've got the following error : my compiler looking for
> <glibconfigh> and this file isn't in /usr/include. Shame on me,
> because even in the 1.2.8 version, i didn't find this file.

You need to use the gtk-config script to get the build environment.

To compile use:

  gcc -c test.c `gtk-config --cflags`

and to link use:

  gcc -o test test.o `gtk-config --libs`

I would recommend reading the FAQ at www.gtk.org.

Cheers, Matt.

--
Matt Goodall, Software Engineer  |  Isotek Electronics Ltd
mailto:mgg@isotek.co.uk          |  Claro House, Servia Road