GDK "root" GtkObject?

     Hello,
	I'm looking to deal with expose events generated by the root
("desktop") window.  (I'm animating the background)

	I can get the root GdkWindow by calling

window = GDK_ROOT_PARENT();

	Now I want to grab expose events and handle them.  However, the
only thing I could find is using gtk_signal_connect() on the GtkObject
that owns the GdkWindow whose expose events you wish to grab.

	So, my question is: Is there a GtkObject which owns the root
window?  Or am I going about this in the wrong way?

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@kd-dev.com