re: problem resizing windows

Isn't it always the same...
I'd been hanging on with this query, in hopes something similar might
come up, and tried various tinkerings. The moment I actually
send out a request for help, the light suddenly dawns! I'd been
setting the size of the drawing area with gtk_drawing_area_set_size
and of course, gtk assumes that I'd like it keeping to that size.
What I should have done was set the size with gtk_widget_set_usize
and let the wonderful automatic resizing do it exactly as I wanted it.
It did take about 15 iterations of the parameters to the various
calls to gtk_box_pack_start, before I got it right, but I still
claim to be a novice here.

Thanks to anyone who has responded to my original query.

Bill

| Bill Purvis, Musical Engineer                 |
| 35 Chapel Road, Penketh, Warrington, Cheshire |
| WA5 2NG. phone: 01 925 725731                 |
| e-mail: bill.p@bigfoot.com                    |