Re: Xlib error!

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Ben K wrote:

 There are two cases: you login to X as one user and try to start programs as
another user, or something with X server is really broken. In the 1st case,
you have to allow that user to connect to  1st user's X server by issuing
 xhost +ANOTHER-USER-NAME
as the 1st user.

 Anyway, it's not a gtk problem - any of your X apps should refuse to start
(try 'xterm' for example).

> recently i've been getting this error whenever i try to run my gtk+
> programs!  it does not happen all the time, but if it happens once, i cannot
> get *any* X programs to run until i've restarted X.

> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0
>
> help me please!!
> -bennyk

 Best regards,
  -Vlad