Re: setting button INSENSITIVE

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Gary Scavone wrote:

 Hi Gary,

> I have a button that calls a routine.  If a certain condition exists
> in that routine, I want to set the button state to INSENSITIVE.  When
> I do this, however, my whole application becomes insensitive ... I
> suspect that the button routine is not returning properly after
> changing its state.

 If this happens on a regular basis, then it's a bug in your program. Do you
use gtk_widget_set_sensitive() to disable widget?
 Also, when your application becomes insensitive, does it change to the look
insensitive widgets have (greyed out or what) or it just doesn't receive any
mouse input? (If yes, this could be a pointer/keyboard/server grab - some
widget grabs pointer - i.e. no mouse events reach other widgets expect that
one) (I had this problem when trying to pop up the window from the either
select_row event or button_press_event on CList). In this case, people
recommend to use one-shot idle function (gtk_idle_add) that will run only once
and that will do the things you want.