RE: How to "grey out" items?

On 07-Aug-2000 David J. Topper wrote:
>  Hi all,
>  Getting back into GTK again.  Trying to expand my little application
>  into different windows and such.  I'm trying to create a "main" window
>  which, among other things, establishes a connection to a server
>  process.  But once the user clicks on "connect" I want all the other
>  widgets (eg., text boxes, range widgets, pulldowns) to be "greyed out"
>  so that you can still see values but not edit anything.

Hi, David,

        gtk_widget_set_sensitive(<your widget>,False);

for all widgets you want to gray out.

Joachim Backes

Joachim Backes <>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, Supercomputing Division     | Phone: +49-631-205-2438
D-67653 Kaiserslautern, PO Box 3049, Germany | Fax:   +49-631-205-3056