how to run an xterm

I have to run an xterm (and a program inside of it, of course :-) ) from
a gnome application.  I'd like to know  if it is possile,  how to create
this xterm so that  the program will stop until the  subprogram in it is
ready and  if it is  possible to put this  term inside a  window created
with glade (yeah, it would be great....). Maybe should I use zvtterm?

Bye and thanks!

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.