GTK 1.3.1 text widgets correction

Hello,
I am talking about the new gtk 1.3.1 that
works with Pango API's .

What is the difference between the original
text_widget
and the new text_view_widget ?

I have two functions that work on the gtkwidget
class :-
1. gtk_widget_set_direction(GtkWidget *anything1 ,
GtkTextDirection *anything2) .
2. gtk_widget_show(GtkWidget *anything) .

Both of the above widgets(textwidget &
textviewwidget)
are subclasses of the gtkwidget , but my problem is
:

1.the function#1 does not work with the textwidget.
when I use it with this widget it cause nothing instead
of changing the direction , but it works correctly
with the text_view_widget.

2.the function#2 does not work with the text_view_widget .
unless I put that widget in scrolledwindow_widget
(the last one is a container) .
when I use function#2 with this widget without
having a scrolledwindow as a container for it , it cause a
segmentation fault during the run time although
there is no compilation errors . I can not put it
in a vbox and then use this function with it ,
also I can not put it in another container else than the
scrolledwindow because of the mentioned error .
But function#2 works correctly with the textwidget.

I am thinking that I must use the text_view_widget
exactly as it was used in the testtext program or
it
will cause problems .

Please,tell me if my thinking is wrong and how.

Shaker,
http://www.linux.org.sa

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com