Re: Getting a button to pop up
- From: Paul Barton-Davis <pbd Op Net>
- To: Jeff Shipman <shippy cs nmt edu>
- Cc: GTK List <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Getting a button to pop up
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:53:38 -0400
In message <3906368D.email@example.com>you write:
>Hey, I've got a button that when pushed, begins a connection
>to an FTP daemon. Well, this causes the button to hang
>in the pushed-down position. Is there any way to execute
>the callback, but make the button pop back up quickly?
1) use gtk_idle_add(), though this will then hang up your
entire user interface. the button will pop back
again first however.
2) learn to use threads. with gtk, this is a non-trivial
exercise in most cases.
3) fork a child process. less pain than the threads case,
but much less flexible as well.
] [Thread Prev