Re: [gtk-list] Is GTK a licenced product for developing commercial applications?

 M> Hi All, We are developing certain applications for Linux
 M> platform. Thease applications are for commercial purpose. can we
 M> use GTK+ for developing them? Is it mandatory that all
 M> applications developed using GTK+ are to be placed under open
 M> licence.

GTK+ is under the Lesser GPL so as long as you dont link GTK+
statically you should be clear.  As long as you only link with LGPL
libraries you are not required to release your application under a
free license.

If you develop custom widgets then either you cannot paste source from
GTK+ or you must release those widgets under LGPL.

        /mailund