Re: Could GdkRgb solve my pixmap speed problem ?

Arndt Schwaiger <arsc0001@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:

> I read something about GdkRgb and my question is:
> Can I perhaps copy with GdkRgb my 32 x 32 pixels pixmaps faster than
> with GTK copy pixmap ?

Yes, copying from an RGB array into another RGB array on the client
side should be faster than sending the X request to copy the pixmaps.
However, the overall screen update time may or may not be better.

> Can I use a mask while copying with GdkRgb ??

Copying between RGB buffers is going to be done with memcpy(), so no.
You can use a mask when you render the final RGB buffer to the screen
though, or you could write your own copy routine that used a mask.

Havoc