Re: [gtk-list] Getting the label from gtk_radio_menu_item_new_with_label()

Havoc,

> Here's what's going on:
>  - radio menu items in an option menu are probably a little silly,
>    since the option menu already displays mutually exclusive options.
>    So, it's likely you can just avoid the whole problem. testgtk
>    is only doing this as a torture test, not a UI suggestion.

Thanks for the explanation.  Using radio items inside an option menu
certainly is pretty silly.

>  - I believe you want "toggled" instead of "activate"; "toggled"
>    is somehow chained out to "activate" which is why you get
>    an extra activate (the unselected item gets toggled off).
>    Don't ask me.
>
>  - Your child is missing, because the currently-active child is
>    removed from the menu item and displayed in the option menu
>    button.
>
> Kind of weird, but I think if you use "toggled" or don't use radio
> items in option menus it will all go away.

Using "togged" instead of "activate" didn't affect the behavior any.
The problem now is the last point you made: the child widget has been
removed from the menu item since it's being displayed in the option
menu's button.

In looking at the option menu widget, I couldn't see an obvious way to
see any indication that an option menu's button widget has been
updated.  Is there some way to detect when this happens?
--andy