TODO list: grid widget?

I just read on the TODO list the following:
"...
In addition to list and tree widgets, a closely related need is a sheet
widget that displays a (possibly editable) 2-D grid. It would be
desirable to have a complete set of
 widgets that could be presented as the one-true-solution for these
needs. Model/View techniques could be used effectively to increase both
the simplicity and power of the
 interfaces. .."

This sounds to me very funny, and sad at the same time. Me (and others)
proposed many times to include GtkSheet in the main distribution,
specially considering that it is very stable now and include lots of
interesting features, including bindings to other languages. I even
didn't recieve any (ANY!) answer from the gtk-team, and this is very
perturbing, specially after reading the TODO list. What are we doing?
Aren't we polite enough to communicate? I worked very hard on GtkSheet
and GtkExtra and I am pretty sure that we can share a lot of experience
if we want to add such a widget to the distribution, and gain a lot of
time.

On the other hand, I have to honestly say that I find very disturbing
the gtk-team position and attitude, aren't we an open-source community?
Don't we all participate in the growth of GTK+ as the most amazing, most
widely used toolkit?

I'd really appreciate any feedback and opinions,
Regards,
<ADRIAN>