GTK and OpenGL

Hi,
	I am trying to learn OpenGL, and am learning GTK+ too :). so this
Q might be sort of dumb. I know that most opengl demo programs use a
package called GLUT which takes the pain out of portability and drawing
windows etc in X. However almost every place I refer to says that this
GLUT package is limited in its scope.. like in creating buttons.. and
providing user interface etc..
	Now my real question.. The people at OpenGL.org site suggest that
for full blown applications I should use a full fledged development tool
like Motif along with OpenGL. I would like to use GTK+ instead of motif
(cos I just don't know motif :)). So is it possible to use GTK+ instead
of motif for the developement of OpenGL apps? I would appreciate any help
with this and any pointers.. Also if there are any books out there that
you guys can think of about this.. please let me know..
thank you
Aravind