Model/View/Controller?

>From the GtkData docs:
----------------------
The GtkData object is a very simple object intended to be used as a base
class for objects which contain data (i.e. the 'Model' in the
object-oriented Model/View/Controller framework).

	I would like to read more about the theory of "the object-oriented
Model/View/Controller framework".  I have not seen those terms used
before, and would like to understand them.

	Any references (books? URLs?) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek