GtkItemFactory callback problem

I get the following error 4 times when i try to compile my program...

chat_window.cpp:485: initialization to `void (*)()' from `void
(*)(void *, guint, GtkWidget *)'

Here's what my GtkItemFactoryEntry is...

GtkItemFactoryEntry menu_items[] =
        {
                { "/_Chat",        NULL,         NULL, 0, "<Branch>"
},
                { "/Chat/_Audio", "<control>A", chat_audio, 0,
"<ToggleItem>" },
                { "/Chat/sep1",    NULL,         NULL, 0,
"<Separator>" },
                { "/Chat/_Close",  "<control>C", chat_close, 0, NULL},
                { "/_More",        NULL,         NULL, 0, "<Branch>"
},
                { "/More/_Beep",   "<control>B", chat_beep_users, 0,
NULL},
                { "/More/Change Font", NULL,     chat_change_font, 0,
NULL},
        };

Now, the chat_audio, chat_close, etc... they are prototyped as void
chat_audio(gpointer, guint, GtkWidget *);

I need it to have the gpointer passed to it, I suppose I could make it
a global variable, but I try my best to avoid staying away from
globals.  I looked at the documentation for the GtkItemFactory and saw
that it had 3 different types of callbacks..  how would i go about it
so that the right callback is being used?

Thanks,
Jon