Re: [gtk-list] Re: Perl/Gtk CVS 19990922

On 30 Sep, CountZero wrote:
>> > PS I am getting 'Abort (core dumped)' on exit again. I have changed a load
>> > of code so it may well be my fault but has anyone else noticed this?
>>
>> Well, you shouldn't be getting a core dump using Perl/Gtk: provide a test
>> case so we can check what's wrong.
>
> Perl/Gtk core dumps on exit very consistantly.
>
> Test case?
>
> CSCMail:  http://www.cyberdeck.org/cscmail
>
> It'll segfault/coredump nearly every time you exit the program.

Are you sure that it is the GTK code?

I had a problem like this, last week, but the problem was that the app
was not waiting for the childs and execs/systems to exit clean.

I added some sane checks before exiting and it never coredump again :-)

I looked over your code, and I guess that you have a similar problem.

-Raul Dias