Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to redirect Alt-F4 to hide instead of destroy.

> I don't think the problem is that the window manager can 'destroy' a
> single window of a multi-window application.
>
> I would argue that in a multi-window app, destroying one of the windows should be
> interpreted as the user wanting to terminate the entire application.

Obsolutely not... What if my program opens up several configuration windows, and then the user
decides that he doesn't want child window 2 open?  He, (the user) for whatever reason, decides
to use the WM's destroy function, instead of my "close" button, to kill the window.  I expect
that the user will assume that this will ONLY destroy that window, and as such, I link my close
window events to the "destroy" signal.  If I hooked that signal and closed my entire app, not only
would that not be "normal" behavior for an application, but also, what if I use
Gtk::Window->destroy to kill windows programmatically?  (Which I DO in my code)  Now I
have sent the destroy signal to a window.  Obviously I ONLY want to close that one window
(unless I send the "destroy" signal to the "PARENT" window, in which case I call Gtk::main_quit)
Anyways, the point is, destroying a single window in a multi-window app DOES NOT imply
termination of the entire app.  (In my mind at least)

-Steve