Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to redirect Alt-F4 to hide instead of destroy.

Erik Mouw wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:29:52 +0200, Wolfgang Glas wrote:
> > I just wrote a program that has two toplevel widgets, one permanently shown,
> > one
> > occcurring as an additional, modal, dialog. Everything works fine, but the only
> > drawback is, that the additional dialog is destroyed instead of hidden when
> > Alt-F4 is applied to the addditional dialog.
> >
> > (My intention is to create the additional dialog once and just to hide and show
> > it at the appropriate time.)
> >
> >   I tried several workarounds and none was successful. I found the function
> > gtk_widget_hide_on_delete, which seems to be a pre-defined signal handler, but
> > couldn't find any hint on how to use it. So any help is appreciated.
>
> I think your window manager sends a destroy to the window as soon as
> Alt-F4 is pressed. Configure your window manager to do a close or delete
> instead.

 That's true, but under X11 one can handle the destroy event in a way, that it
is ignored or redirected. So I thought that his is the way it works with gtk,
too.

Unfortunately I don't know how to cinfigure my window manager. Can I just
reconfigure the Window manager menu for one single window by some gdk/gtk call ?

--
Mag. Wolfgang Glas
Institut fuer hydraulische Stroemungsmaschinen

mailto:Wolfgang.Glas@hfm.tu-graz.ac.at
http://fhysmsg01.tu-graz.ac.at/Wolfgang.Glas/