Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk::Perl BUG

Hi again,

CountZero wrote:

> Actually, my ap is not Glade-Perl generated in any manner.  I may have
> mis-spoke when I refered to Gtk::Perl. I was merely referring to the
> Gtk-Perl bindings in general (well, v .6123 to be specific)
>
> Yes, my code is free (of course!) and is available from
> http://www.cyberdeck.org/cscmail
>
> Version 1.3b is just released a little while ago.  Screenshots are
> available at http://www.cyberdeck.org/screenshots.html
>
> Sorry to disapoint you though about the Glade bindings.  I have looked at
> Glade, and did use it to help learn the basics of containers and widget
> placement under Gtk.  But I already include more than enough modules in my
> app as it is, and actually had quite a bit of trouble getting the
> glade/perl compiler to create usable source code (actually, never DID get
> it to generate anything that would run.
Sorry to make silly assumptions, I will read more carefully in future :-)

Have you looked at the recent versions? Glade-Perl now generates OO code
that can be simply subclassed and handles almost all widgets that Glade
knows about.

I will take a look at your app (for ideas as well) but were there any
particular problems that you found or was the style of code unsuitable?
If you have time to (privately?) send any criticism I would really
appreciate any feedback.

Regards, Dermot