Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk::Perl BUG

> CountZero wrote:
> >
> > Disregard, an upgrade to gtk-engines-0.7 (from 0.5) fixed the problem...
> >
> > Sorry to have wasted your time...
> >
> > -Steve
> >
> > > Gtk::Perl applications do not correctly display gtkengine based
> > > gtk-themes.  They will display the color portions of the theme, but
> > > with a "pixmap" theme, they do not display the pixmaps.  Instead
> > > there is an error generated multiple times during init Gtk;
> Thanks for the follow-up. I don't use the theme engine and to be honest, I
> am amazed that Glade-Perl generated code works with themes at all :-)
>
> Do you have a URL for your app? I would love to see some examples of
> apps built with Glade, especially the .glade files and perl modules - if
> the code is 'free' of course.

Actually, my ap is not Glade-Perl generated in any manner.  I may have mis-spoke when I refered
to Gtk::Perl. I was merely referring to the Gtk-Perl bindings in general (well, v .6123 to be specific)

Yes, my code is free (of course!) and is available from http://www.cyberdeck.org/cscmail

Version 1.3b is just released a little while ago.  Screenshots are available at
http://www.cyberdeck.org/screenshots.html

Sorry to disapoint you though about the Glade bindings.  I have looked at Glade, and did
use it to help learn the basics of containers and widget placement under Gtk.  But I already
include more than enough modules in my app as it is, and actually had quite a bit of trouble
getting the glade/perl compiler to create usable source code (actually, never DID get it to
generate anything that would run.  But it was a GREAT tool for learning how the widgets
interact, and in the absence of a good document detailing the Gtk::Perl bindings, was one
of the best tutors I had to learning Gtk/Perl programming.  Thanks!

-Steve