ANNOUNCE: MagiCapture 0.3.3
- From: Arthur Jerijian <lightmanaj earthlink net>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Cc: magick wizards dupont com
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: MagiCapture 0.3.3
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:13:42 -0700
See below for the README file. The following changes have been made in this
* Fixed a bug that caused MagiCapture to hang when capturing a screen
failed. This normally happened when XImportImage couldn't grab the
* The dialog box displaying all the available file types should now
* Fixed a bug that caused MagiCapture to hang occasionally when
saving an image.
* Enhanced tests in configure.in to enforce the availability
of the proper ImageMagick library version.
* MagiCapture will now prompt the user whether it is safe to overwrite
an existing file during save.
README for MagiCapture Version 0.3.3
MagiCapture Version 0.3.3, A Screen Capture And Preview Utility
Copyright (C) 1999 Arthur Jerijian
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
MagiCapture is a screen capture and preview utility for the X Window System.
A user may capture a single window, a single window with decorations, a
rectangular region of the display, or the entire display itself. The user
may save the captured image into a graphics file supported by the
ImageMagick toolkit, which supports most (if not all) popular graphics
formats. MagiCapture uses the GLIB and GTK+ libraries for the user
interface and the ImageMagick and GdkMagick libraries for all graphics
The latest version of MagiCapture is available at the MagiCapture home page,
located at the following Web site:
NOTE: This is an ALPHA TEST release of MagiCapture. I do not expect
this software to function properly in all cases, as it is still under
development and many features are not yet implemented. I take no
responsibility for any damages resulting from the use of this software.
This ALPHA TEST release of MagiCapture is protected under the GNU General
Public License (GPL). In the future, I may provide an option to cover
MagiCapture under a less restrictive license, similar to the license
agreements for ImageMagick and the X Window System.
This version of MagiCapture was tested using the following configurations:
* Red Hat Linux 6.0 with X11R6.3 (XFree86 188.8.131.52)
* HP-UX 10.20 with X11R6.3 (downloaded from ftp://ftp.x.org and custom-built)
* Solaris 2.5.1 with X11R5 (in /usr/openwin)
* Solaris 7 with X11R5 (in /usr/openwin)
The following components are required to build and run MagiCapture:
* GNU sed, GNU make, and GNU CC. These packages are highly recommended
for proper configuration and building of MagiCapture. You may use
other versions of sed, make, and cc, but they haven't been tested
and may cause possible problems during configuration and building.
The latest GNU utilities are available at the following download
* X Window System Version 11 Release 5 or greater.
* GLIB and GTK+ version 1.2 or greater. The latest releases of GLIB and
GTK+ are available at the following download site:
* The ImageMagick API version 4.2.8 or greater. The latest version of
ImageMagick is available at the follwoing download site:
* The GdkMagick API version 0.2.1 or greater. The latest release of
GdkMagick is available at the following Web page:
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or bug reports,
don't hesitate to send me (Arthur Jerijian) e-mail. My e-mail address is:
I hope you enjoy using this software!
] [Thread Prev