[Fwd: Gnome source hacking]

Hi,
this is a discution i have with a gnome developer
( about the better way to implement widget resizing in gnome ).
Please could say me what do you think of that, and if this is possible (
i'm not familiar with
low level gtk programming ... )

See you

--
                  -- Yoann,  http://www.security-addict.org
        It is well known that M$ products don't call free() after a malloc().

George wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 01:38:49PM +0200, Vandoorselaere Yoann wrote:
> > 1: Why 4 different size.
> >      I think we could use the size we want...
> >     ( At home i've a 15' monitor running a 1280x1024 display... )
> >     i've setup the font to be readable :-)
> >     But i'd like my panel icon to be less big.
> >     I try tiny size and it's really too tiny :)
>
> Because it would be hard to have applets support too many sizes
>
> George

But why do you want an applet to support a size,

we must do that at a widget level, the applet itself shouldn't have to know

the size was changed...

So ok, we have, for exemple the Mini Commander applet...

( For exemple we say that there are 10 widgets in this applets ).

At startup GTK apply a size of 1/1 which is the original size of minicommander applet

( and other applet too ).

Now we say to gtk to give to all this applet widget a size of 0.5 / 1,

gtk just resize all the widgets...

And the applet doesn't even know about it's widget changing size...

What do you think of that ?