Re: [gtk-list] Re: design comments solicited

Erik Mouw writes:
 > On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:32:28 -0400 (EDT), nelson-gtk@crynwr.com wrote:
 > > I can only find one (1) X application designed to manipulate termios,
 > > and that's minicom.  Maybe there's others, but in the meantime, I'm
 >
 > Minicom runs in a terminal, AFAIK. Don't you mean Seyon?

Doh!  Yes, you're right, I was thinking of Seyon.  Still, there's no
competition to Seyon.

 > Hmm, I don't see the program/main program problem. Let me restate what you
 > want to do, so you can correct me: Your start your program in an xterm,
 > the program starts a GTK based gui part to control the serial port stuff
 > and uses the xterm as the terminal window:

 >   /dev/ttyS* ==>  Program ==> xterm
 >                       v                   --> = control
 >                      GUI                  ==> = data

Ahhhhhh yes, I'd neglected the possibility of opening a pipe to the
xterm.  I was going to give the -c option to xterm, but yours is the
better design.  That's why I asked for comments, thanks!

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com