2 curious GTK-- problems

Hi,

I have 2 curious Gtk-- problems which I have not been able to solve. Maybe
someone on this list can offer a few suggestions:

1) When trying to statically link my application, everything works fine
except
for 1 symbold which refuses to be correctly resolved:
     Gtk_CList::get_text ()
When I link dynamically, everything works, so Gtk_CList::get_text seems to
be correctly built. Why would this one symbol give me trouble when linking
statically.

2) One particular user of my app (on RH6.0) gets a segmentation fault
when doing this (yes, menu_text and accelerator contain valid values):
     itemFactory->create_item (menu_text, accelerator, "",
ItemFactoryConnector ...)
On all machines I have access to, this works like a charm, only this one
person (which basically has the same setup I have) has this problem. I've
had
the person compile a simple sample program to test if menus can be
created successfully, and of course my test program worked like a charm.
Does anybody have any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks a lot
--> Robert