Re: Win32 port - suppressing the parent terminal window on startup.

  Thanks for all the advice on this, but I use gcc-2.95 in cygwin and not
msvc.
Tor told me the magic answer, FYI:

Use the flag -mwindows to gcc when linking...
<<
  This works like a charm, all my gtk-win32 programs come up
independently now without a console in the background.
  (Unless I call g_print, which will open a new terminal if one isn't
open already.)

  John