Re: [gtk-list] Re: Modal dialog with two gtk_main() [Last try..]

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Tim Janik wrote:

> havoc, could you elaborate on this "gtk bug" here? grab_remove takes
> a widget argument, and gtk grabs in general support stacking, so what's
> the bug here? (anyways, you are right that things won't work untill he
> connects to the "clicked" signal, but that doesn't mean the gtk grab stack
> is buggy).

Oh, I was confused about the reasons for the bug, forgot that _remove()
takes a widget argument.

It gets mangled somehow, I haven't debugged the details. I think it is
basically the same problem as setting a button insensitive while it's
pressed in.

- button grabs on press
- window grabs on modal set
- Maybe window grab means the button doesn't get the release and doesn't
  ungrab?
- window closed
- button is now modal

So the bug is most likely that GtkButton should not assume it will get the
release, or maybe that GTK+ should make sure the button does get the
release, or something like that. You should be able to set buttons
insensitive or pop up modal windows while the button is pressed in, IMO.

For enter/leave events you set that LEAVE_PENDING flag maybe a similar
thing would work.

Havoc