glib/gtk/xfce compilation error

      Hi all,

	I send this again , in case anyone did not get the chance to view it.

	During the course of compiling glib, I encountered the folloing error
messages:

	Checking whether the C compiler (gcc) work ... no
	Configure: error: installation or configuration problem
			: compiler cannot creat executable.

	At the moment, my disk space utilisation is up to 94% - Will this be the
cause mentioned problem.
	What are other possible configurations which I had overlooked ?.

	I repeatedly installed and deleted gcc.rpm, but problem persists.

	FYI, Im using Suse 6.1.

	Pls help.

	Rgds,
	chow