Tested GTK 1.2.5pre1 found bug, maybe.

Howzit

Downloaded and tested GTK 1.2.5pre1 and have a couple of comments.

Firstly, the toplevel resize bug is fixed, as is the warning about the widget sizes.

Secondly, and a tad problematic, some widgets don't paint initially. I'm sure this isn't my app, I followed all the guidelines closely, but I am open to comment.

The app is gView 0.1.10/11, and when the directory browser opens, the CList and its contents are displayed, as is an Entry on the toolbar, but the buttons on the toolbar as well as other control buttons are missing. If you run the mouse over the toolbar or buttons, they appear. Two frames are also missing, and only appear if I place a window on top of the browser window and move it away.

To me, this means that the initial paint is not working from the gtk_show_widget() call. The entry and the clist are updated automatically after the top level window is shown, so they are repainted.

I am running a P210 with 64Mb Ram, 1Mb Trident card, XFree86 3.3.5, egcs 2.91.66 and Redhat 6. All libraries are properly installed.

Any ideas, comments etc.

Bruce Smith

Note gView 0.1.11, pre release, is available from ftp://ftp.petech.ac.za/viewers/gview-0.1.11.tar.gz if you need it.