Changes in cvs gnome-perl

Hi.
I committed a lot of changes to the gnome-perl module to
allow for separate compilation of the gnome/gtkxmhtml/gdkimlib and so
on modules. The new framework allows compilation of new submodules
also outside of the build tree.
You have to compile them in order: first Gtk in the toplevel dir,
then GdkImlib, Gnome, Glade (there are additional Makefile.PL in the
dirs).
The one big module with all the stuff in it doesn't compile right now
and I don't plan to support it if there isn't real demand for it:
having the sub-modules separate is more memory and cpu friendly
and will allow us to easily add support for bonobo, for example.
Well, try it out and report problems or fixes to me or to the gtk
list: I'll have a look at them next week (I won't have net access
this weekend).
Known problems are that the make clean rules need to be implemented,
GtkGLArea support isn't there fully, there is support only for
Gtk widgets in the Glade module and make test works only for the
gtk samples: you need to invoke the examples with something like:

perl -Mblib -Mblib=GdkImlib ..../samples/test.pl

You need to initialize all the submodules separately, the samples
may need changes to do this, as are needed a few changes in the
internal init functions: report the problems.

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules