Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkPaned and resize

On 26 Oct 1999, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Javi <javi@hardlogic.es> writes:
>
> > 	I have created a GtkPaned in a scrolled window. When I move the paned
> > widget the main window resize automatically!!!
>
> You probably have the auto_shrink policy set on the toplevel window.
> In general, auto_shrink is rather evil and should be avoided.

hm, he claims to have the paned put into a scrolled window, and according
to scrolled windows resize move, it should catch that, resize and not propagete
any further. if that is the case, it'd  be a bug in gtk (probably unlikely,
we've been through that code more than a couple of times). the GtkWindow
should even with auto-shrink only resize if a resize has been queued on
widgets above the viewport window hirarchy as well.

javi, could you send source, or better yet, provide a simple test case
that exhibits behaviour?

> (It basically says "allow the user to resize the window, but under
> some circumstances snap it back to the requested size anyways.")
>
> Regards,
>                                         Owen

---
ciaoTJ