Re: [gtk-list] Basics of writing a new widget ...

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Sachin Garg wrote:

> Can someone please help me with this:
>
> I want to write a new widget based on the GtkEntry widget. Which are
> the minimum functions to be overridden? Actually, I just wnat to
> override the functions which insert text into the widget and those
> which draw the widget.
>
> Will I also have to override the functions which initiate the widget
> and widget class (I guess i will have to). But what about the realize.
> unrealize stuff??
>
> Also, I guess I will ahve to set the parent widget to be the GtkEntry
> and not GtkEditable?

You should read the chapters in my book about GtkObject and writing a
custom widget, those are here:
 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/cha-objects.html
and here:
 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/cha-widget.html
and you probably want to read about Gdk:
 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/cha-gdk.html

or to find a printed copy, simply:
 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/

Havoc