Re: [gtk-list] Problems with XmHTML and PERL-GTK 0.6123

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 10:33:43PM -0200, Raul Dias wrote:
> I am trying to make the signal 'activate' work in a XmHTML Link, using Perl-Gtk.
> The following code "starts" the XmHTML widget:
>
>   $main_html = new Gtk::XmHTML;
>   $vbox_main->add($main_html);
>   $main_html->show;
>   $main_html->signal_connect('activate' => \&click);
>
> And, this is the function to be called.
>
> sub click {
>  my ($widget) = @_;
>  print "lixo\n";
> }
>
> I just followed the example from the "make test"'s "HTML test" in the PERL-GTK 0.6123 Module.
> When I click in the link,  get the following error:
>
> Cannot set argument of type gpointer (fundamental type gpointer) at ./cmc.pl line 509.
>
> BTW, the "HTML test" works!!!
>
> Does some one have a clue?

Right now you can use the HTML widget only for display purposes:
it's not hard to add support for the callbackis if someone has the time
to go through the XmHTML code and document the mapping between the
reason field in the callback and the callback structure that's passed
in. Maybe I'll make the simple cases work sometime soon.

lupus

--
"You guys are definitely worth a wedding party." The Debian folks at ALS99